ADHD, LD Assessment and Treatment
An Advanced Approach to Treating ADHD
Being a reputable ADHD clinic allows us to invest in the latest technologies in assessing and treating attention deficit disorders and learning disabilities. Our programs will significantly reduce and many times even resolve direct and indirect symptoms related to ADHD.
We offer a thorough 6 step assessment that includes a specialized EEG to identify focus, concentration and attention related difficulties. You will be able to see why you (or your child) are having problems concentrating!
We also offer the most cost effective programs available. Thousands of individuals, both children and adults, have successfully completed our programs. Most of the programs can be done at home using your own computer, with our supervision. (see the complete list of benefits)
Here is what some of our patients have to say about the assessment process:
What is ADHD?
ADHD, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a neuro-cognitive disorder that includes one or more of the following symptoms: inattention, impulsivity and hyperactivity. ADHD is a condition that a person is born with – it is not acquired in childhood, nor is it a result of bad parenting or poor nutrition. ADHD is inherited. In most cases, at least one of the parents has the condition.
Many adults suffer from ADHD but don’t know it. They may have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder or bipolar disorder, when in fact, their primary problem is ADHD.
ADHD can interfere with academic performance, social integration, mood and behaviour for children, and information processing, job performance, mood, stress levels and relationships for adults. ADHD also interferes with executive skills such as organization, behaviour and impulse control, prioritizing and decision-making.
Step one is making an appointment.
To make an appointment or to learn more about our highly specialized assessments for ADD/ADHD/LD, please click here
The initial consultation is very important for assessing your specific difficulties. We will identify your (or your child’s) major weak areas and make recommendations for improvement.
The assessment includes 6 steps:
1. The first step is to complete the intake forms. These simple forms will tell us more about you and your (or your child’s) condition.
2. The second step is a clinical interview where we get to hear from you about the problems you are currently experiencing and how they’re affecting your everyday life. If we are assessing a child, the parents will be part of the interview so that we can more fully understand the difficulties the child is experiencing.
3. The third step is a specialized EEG assessment. This is a highly specialized (and 100% safe) test that will demonstrate the brain’s ability (or inability) to concentrate and process information.
4. The fourth step is our unique fully computerized neuro-cognitive assessment. This is where we further test concentration skills such as visual processing, auditory processing (listening), divided attention, speed of processing, inhibition control as well as memory and information processing. The purpose of this step is not to diagnose but to identify cognitive areas that need improvement.
5. The fifth step is designed to determine how easy or difficult it will be to train you to make the necessary changes based on advanced neuroplasticity principles. We will use this information to recommend the best treatment approach for you (or for your child) in order to overcome the difficulties.
6. The sixth and last step includes summary and recommendations. You will receive a full verbal report that also includes all the necessary information needed to make a decision about your (or your child’s) future course of treatment.
Our clients report dramatic improvement of attention, concentration, memory and information processing, and reduction in symptoms associated with attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder (ADD, ADHD), learning disabilities (LD such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, etc), memory disorders auditory process disorders (CAP), sensory motor disorder (SPD) asperger’s syndrome, autism and more.
Our clients report dramatic improvement of attention, concentration, memory and information processing, and reduction in symptoms associated with attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder and learning disabilities (ADD, ADHD, LD), when following our recommendations.
Note: Our services are not covered by OHIP. The cost for the consultation is $445 plus HST. The cost does not include a written report. We accept cash, debit or credit cards (Visa, Amex and MasterCard).
“Very comprehensive and well organized. The assessment was informative and engaging. It verified my thoughts about my son’s challenges and what non-medical steps can be taken to help him excel and succeed.”
Leave a Message
Ready to get started?
Change your life today.